Friday, October 4, 2019

7 Days

I'm officially a week away from the Chicago Marathon and I am beyond worried. The farthest I have run at one time was 13 miles or a little less than half of a marathon. Those 13 miles, combined with a biking trip through Columbus, Indiana had my foot out of commission for 3 weeks. I have not been training as hard as I could/should so when the 13th rolls around I will be all kinds of screwed. I will be in the last corral which means that there is a more than 0% chance I'll be the last to cross the finish line. More than likely however, I won't even finish.

That said, I'm giving it my best. I will be buying a new pair of running shoes with orthopedics so I won't be hobbling on worn down soles. I'll probably also splurge on a King's Spa massage to loosen up and relax my muscles ahead of the race.

Throughout my year of running, I have been developing a music playlist on Spotify. Because nothing is really worth it unless you're developing a soundtrack for it. 8 Hours and 53 Minutes worth of tunes that get me moving and grooving. If you're interested here's the link:

 
 
Here are some of the highlights:
1. Burn the House Down by AJR
2. Happy by C2C
3. Steady, As She Goes by The Raconteurs
4. Runnin' Down a Dream by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
5. High Enough by K. Flay
6. I'll Make a Man Out of You from the Mulan Soundtrack
7. Roma Fade by Andrew Bird
8. Tornado by Wintergarten
9. Doped Up Dollies On a One Way Ticket to Ride by Big D and the Kid's Table
10. Drive It Like You Stole It from the Sing Street Soundtrack
11. Tears Into Wine by Billy Talent
12. Wicked Ones by Dorothy
13.  Worse Than Death by The Anti-Queens
14. A Better Son/Daughter by Rilo Kiley

That's all I got for now. Gotta keep runnin'...


No comments:

Post a Comment