Monday, March 12, 2012

Chapter 8: Addendums

Since I was already eight films in within five days, I decided to take the weekend off of movie watching. Today, Monday the 12th of March I was supposed to usher in at least one new movie. My lady and I decided that one film would be the Norwegian film TrollHunter.

The plot is essentially about a group of students from a local university tracking down and following a supposed bear poacher. Little do they know he's really a bonafide troll hunter sent by the government. Just like the elusive mystery trolls, this movie has evaded us thanks in part to a crappy internet connection and a tornado watch. We kept loading and reloading the Netflix stream trying in vain to get our movie going. After half an hour and a menagerie of four letter words we decided Netflix was not for us.Un-detoured, I decided to look on youtube for 1981's Shock Treatment. When I first told my roommate about my project she shuttered when she saw the title. She then found it on youtube and told me to watch it and find out why it is indeed a terrible film worth shuttering about. I declined only because I wanted my first film to be something less rancid. With inclement weather foiling my every move, I once again was unable to see more than two minutes of the Rocky Horror Picture Show sequel/prequel.

So what is a guy to do? Well now that I have actually read the list fully and tracked down a few films through various sources I figured now would be time to explain a few things. The first thing to report is that I have added two more movies onto my growing list of films already seen. I saw them both a long time ago and didn't remember either until a few days prior. Those films are Dunston Checks In (1996) and The Chipmunk Adventure (1987). Warning: do not watch either. Does that mean that I am going to finagle my way out of this project? Absolutely not, it just means I'm going to throw my 3,000th Movie Party ahead of schedule. Yes, there will be a party.

I guess by now you're probably wondering how do I know that I have watched exactly 2910 films. Since high school I have been keeping track of every single film I have ever seen. It started innocently enough; I counted my 100 favorite films, then my 100 least favorite, then wondered where the ones I and my parents owned stacked up. From there I just filled in the spaces. Of course I occasionally find something I forgot to add, and sometimes there are repeats but overall its very accurate.

The second thing I would like to mention is the fact that the last Twilight film will not be released until November. Since I am likely to finish the rest of the list before then, I am not necessarily going to cut it, but when I reach 99 out of the 100, I feel I deserve to be free to watch whatever the hell I want. But I want to know what you think. Should I complete the list in its entirety possibly sequestering myself without movies for months on end until Breaking Dawn Part 2 comes out, or be free to watch films that don't suck when all others on the list have been watched? Here's the deal, if friends and strangers let me have my freedom, I will dress up for Breaking Dawn; Glitter, jean cut offs, the full shebang. Vote now on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment